Fishing for a Better Kayak
Fishing for a Better Kayak
There are several types of kayaks available which is why choosing the best inflatable kayak in 2015 is very important. There are traditional, sit-on-top, pedal, twin hull and outrigger, fishing, standing-up paddling, and military style kayaks. Below we curated our top reviews, video guides, and other useful tips to help you choose the right inflatable for the money.
The Coleman QuickPak K5 Kayak is a great kayak especially for beginners.
- 1 Person inflatable kayak with grab and go backpack storage system
- 1000D Polyester bottom laminated with 24-gauge PVC
- Double-lock and mini double-lock valves prevent accidental air loss
- Large storage area, multiple D-rings, and bungee lacing
- 250-Pound capacity, measures 10-Feet by 3-Feet
The Stearns Spree Inflatable Kayak is another great option if you have just started out in the world of kayaking.
- Patented three-chamber air system provides added safety, the two main chambers are fully enclosed to provide a rigid body when inflated
- The spray deck keeps the paddler dry all day long and can be conveniently rolled back when it is not needed
- Highly visible and easy to inflate and deflate
- Mesh zippered pocket is perfect for storing gear, valuables etc. while paddling and elastic cord and D-rings can be used to tie gear down while traveling
- Size: 11’7″ x 35″ – 31 lb., Capacity: 2 Persons
Taking cues from the its bigger brother, the “Cuda 12” brings the speed and tracking of the Cuda 14 and puts it all into a smaller package. Being a smaller kayak makes it more adept at navigating smaller rivers, pond, and bays, while keeping all the excellent features like rod storage, tackle organization, speed, and stability of the bigger kayak.
§ Elite Hi/Lo Seat
§ Bow and stern hatches
§ Day hatch for accessories
§ Rudder and non-rudder versions
§ Rod stagers and flush mount rod holders
§ Tackle storage under seat
§ Replaceable skid plate on keel
The Ascend “FS128T” fishing kayak has a removable 360° swivel seating system that allows the angler to easily change position. The FS128T features four flush-mount rod holders and an angler-specific design, combined with a wider transom for better control. Deep molded storage trays to the side and eight self-bailing scuppers maximize draining during those rough days.
§ Casting platform with pull up strap
§ 360 degree swivel seat
§ Multiple dry hatches
§ Adjustable foot braces
§ 4 flush mounted rod holder
§ Anchor trolley
Choosing a kayak can be challenging if you enjoy looking for kayaks. There are so many great ones available on the market today. Visit a local sporting goods store for more information on kayaks and the differences between them.