When Your Head is Itching for a Sip
Apple cider vinegar is a great remedy for a lot of different things including itchy scalp. Yes, it is able to help with your dandruff problem. If you use it the right way you can get rid of your itchy scalp for good. You won’t have to purchase another dandruff product for the rest of your life. A $1 bottle of apple cider vinegar can change the way you handle all of your hair problems.
Dandruff & Apple Cider Vinegar
Many people think they get dandruff because they don’t drink enough water or they shampoo their hair a little too often. This isn’t true though. It is not easy to get rid of dandruff, but you can find some natural remedies that help to improve the condition extensively. Using apple cider vinegar for dandruff one such remedy that helps eliminate dandruff and makes things manageable. Keep reading to learn why apple cider vinegar (ACV) works against dandruff and how you should use it.
Dandruff can make your hair look dull. People get dandruff due to an overgrowth of a naturally occurring yeast-like fungus, called pityrosporumovale. Stress, allergies, and many other factors can lead to the overgrowth of this fungus that accompanies with itchiness and scaling. The dandruff is not, as commonly believed, caused by too much washing or lifestyle issues; instead, it is due to the over productive scalp yeast, and the dead cells get together on the scalp resulting in bacteria accumulation. With time passing by, the dead cells turn into white flakes and you will feel itchy on your scalp.
ACV contains powerful enzymes that make it an effective dandruff remedy, for the enzymes can kill the fungus and bacteria. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties as well. It eliminates the fungus that causes dandruff and brings back life in your hair.
To enjoy the most benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is equally important to follow the right method to use apple cider vinegar for dandruff. Here are the steps:
- Take enough ACV according to the thickness of your hair.
- Then use a cotton ball to apply vinegar onto your scalp. Be sure to part your hair first to ensure that you apply vinegar on your scalp and not just on your hair shaft.
- After application, spend some time massaging your scalp.
- Now, wrap your hair in a bun with a warm towel including the ends of your hair. This will ensure that your pores open up and soak vinegar.
- Leave for an hour and then wash your hair with warm water. Don’t shampoo your hair.
- Repeat the same steps twice each week for at least a month to eliminate dandruff.